Friday, May 10, 2013

turbulent


so... being in a relationship for nine years now (!) and married for 6 1/2 gets me thinking about single life. I cant seem to remember how it REALLY is. I can imagine it but lets get real, after nine years of living with someone (actually always having lived with someone- friends or family) it seems like a real treat at times. You don't have to clean up after any one- but yourself. That's the one issue I always come back to. I think it is different if both people are similar- either clean or messy- but if one is more messy than the other, it tips the scale. 

After getting up yesterday morning, going to aerobics and feeling soooo good I got up this morning and had the EXACT opposite experience. I cleaned up and felt overwhelmed with the chores that my daily life brings. Sometimes I just don't want to clean but want a clean house. so.. what do I do? I clean but get myself into a state of crinkled eyebrows, clenched jaw and pursed lips before I have breakfast! 
why?! Yesterday I said I want to do the best to make myself happy EVERY day. ooops there it went! haha... pfffft.

I did think about this Blog, and what I had promised to myself (trying to find happiness in every day situations). So... I had hoped that the feeling in my grumpy gut, that I couldn't seem to get rid of but that just seemed to ooze out of my bellybutton up and around like a spiral higher and lower until it fully consumed my entire core would be tamed by breakfast.. so I had my bestest breakfast (see recipe below) and. it. didn't. work. another pfffffft. 

Finally, I took a time-out. I laid on my bed, shut my eyes and breathed in and out as deeply as I could, imagining that this dark pitch in my stomach would lift and fly out the window... 
My better half came, laid next to me and made me laugh. The grumpiness has disappeared and I am ready to take on this day and make the best out of it.

So the question is, if I were single, would I not get grumpy over cleaning up in the first place? or would I still be grumpy with myself but no-one would be there to cheer me up after? Maybe its that I just don't want that responsibility of being an adult?

Sometimes I do like to imagine how easy it would be to be single but then I would miss out on all the giggles and cuddles post grump-attack. I wouldn't want to miss out on that... ever.




Happiness boosting breakfast!

1/2 cup raw oats
8 almonds (soaked over night)
1 Tbsp ground flax seeds
1 tsp bee pollen
1/2 banana sliced
1/2 apple cubed
2 Tbsp raisins (or any other dried fruit)
1 Tbsp maple syrup
Milk (soy/nut whatever floats your boat)


Guten Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit me with your best shot! fire aaawaaaaaay: