Monday, June 10, 2013

keep calm...

I'm a little sick right now with a head cold and I feel like it's really brought me back to reality. I was able to stay home and lie on the couch with no hard feelings. I love it sometimes. Especially now where the weather is SOOO nice outside it's really hard to justify to myself to stay indoors. But, I did. And it was a success. I still feel groggy but will enjoy it while it lasts. No other option anyways lol. 
It gets me so calm inside, to just be. Next time I feel stressed out I just have to tap into the calmness of being home on the couch on a lazy lazy sunday. Mhmhm. 

Summer. 

Certain seasons always bring certain memories back, I remember we moved back to berlin right during this time and I remember the feelings of new adventure I had. Scared but soooo excited for something new. When ever I go into our kitchen it smells JUST like 4 years ago (due to the tree outside not my cooking) I LOVE the smells that each season brings. A smell can really transport me back in to the past, certain perfumes can release certain emotions in an instant. Crazy how the mind works that way.
I suppose we can also control it the other way around, if you are stressed, you trick yourself and smell... a lemon? very fresh and relaxing....
actually... sunscreen would be nicer to smell, thats a real holiday smell!

I struggle with finding that calmness inside of myself sometimes. I really work on it to find it at LEAST once a day, to stay sane but I find that if everyone around me is so alive and chatty and crazy I just get swept up in it. The other day I had a patient who had knee surgery and I had to give him some exercises to do at home and he was so fidgety and spoke insanely fast, kept interrupting me and trying to finish my sentences (!!!) every time I showed him a new exercise -- in the middle of it he would be like 'What's that for?'..... Needless to say, I was so overwhelmed with what was happening I was NOT my calm self inside! At some point I was actually thinking 'NEED. TO. GO. NEED. TO. GO' hahaha. And only afterwards I realised what had happened, duh right, afterwards you are always sooo much smarter...oh well, he got his exercises in about 10 minutes- sped talked through it so he wouldn't interrupt me!

So, goal for life? Keep Calm and Carry On.

If you need a full belly (when I'm sick I get crazy hungry), make this dish!

Give me some Comfort!

2 Medium sized Sweet Potatoes
1/2 tsp ground cumin
150 Gramms of soy mince
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
thumb size fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic
2 medium sized tomatoes
couple pieces of romaine lettuce
pepper to taste

(you can substitute tomatoes with carrots, peas anything you wish)


Directions: 

  • Pre-heat your oven to 220 Celsius, put the sweet potatoes as they are in the oven. (about 40 minutes until they are through)
  • On medium heat, warm up coconut oil in a frying pan, add finely chopped ginger and garlic, add the soy sauce, stir for a minute
  • add the minced soy and stir for two minutes
  • add chopped up tomatoes, stir another 2 minutes
  • add chopped romaine lettuce, take off stove
  • take out the sweet potatoes, the peel will slide right off
  • add sweet potatoes, cumin, pepper, salt if you wish and mash it all together
  • serve!


GUTEN APPETIT!





No comments:

Post a Comment

hit me with your best shot! fire aaawaaaaaay: