Saturday, August 24, 2013

Routine

I like routine after 4 weeks of spontaneous living, I like getting up around the same time every day, going for a run, having my breakfast and cruising the interwebs, going to work, school, coming home, relaxing, dinner, some fun etc. So, I was looking forward to some home time.

But... the first week was really tough. I was grumpy every single day-- you could also say that I felt underwhelmed. My expectations were so much sweeter than reality. I thought that my co-workers/patients/co-students had a nice relaxing summer as I did and that everybody was full of energy and ready to grasp life at its horns. But... it was just like it was before the break and nothing had changed. Everything seemed so incredibly lame. What a bummer. So yeah, I fell into the common after-holiday-blues...
I really tried to get out of it, I smiled and laughed a lot, I ate yummy healthy food, I forced (FORCED) myself to go to yoga and go run in the morning, met some friends and yet it really didn't work. poop.

Mh. 
Good news? the second week was not so bad and now- IM OUT OF IT! yipee! I feel good! Da nana nana nanaaa SO GOOD. dang dang. SO GOOD. 

I steered clear of the downers 




and embraced all of my fire. I enjoyed the small things, I smiled on the inside just as much as the outside, I really looked at my life and what I am grateful for. 
awesome? Yes, I think so too!
I threw myself into baking, cooking, reading new recipes and gave my creativity space. I enjoyed some rain and sun, some new tv shows and friends. Oh. and cuddles with my kitty. What a king of a cat. 

After a down the up is always THAT much better!!!

Here's a random plate of food that made me happy in time of a pick-me-up.


Random veggie plate!

Ingredients: 
- 1 large Aubergine
- 1 Fennel
- 1 Hokkaido Pumpkin
- Ingredients for a green salad (I used romaine lettuce, spring onion, radicchio, parsley)
- Dressing for the salad (olive oil, maple syrup, mustard, salt and pepper, apple cider vinegar)
- potatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic







Heat oven at 220 Celsius

Cut the hokkaido in half, scoop out the middle, place in the oven (about 40 mins/ until soft then chop into big pieces)

For the aubergine:
wash, dry and cut lengthwise in half, cut into the aubergine crisscrossed at a 45 degree angle (not through it though, just almost to the bottom), drizzle with lots of olive oil and stick chopped garlic into the creases.
Fennel and Potatoes:
Salt and pepper, chop em up, drizzle some sunflower oil over

Take a baking sheet, line it with parchment paper and place everything on it (you can mix, I preferred separate sections) pop it into the oven at 220 Celsius (about 20-30 minutes)

For the salad: 
Chop everything, mix it well
Dressing: 
1 Tbsp Olive oil
2 tsp mustard
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp maple syrup

Arrange however you want on plate, mix or separate foods! (You can also add a yummy tzatziki sauce- peel a cucumber, grate it, squeeze out all the juice (drink if you like) add 1 cup of greek yoghurt or your preference, add a crushed clove of garlic, salt and pepper. mhmh drizzle over all of it)

Guten Appetit!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit me with your best shot! fire aaawaaaaaay: