Wednesday, January 01, 2014

New year! New you?

I hope your holidays were full of laughter and fun times! Christmas is over and now it's on to a new year! 2014. Can. You. Believe. It? I sure can't!
Adults have always said that time flies the older you get and I never accepted that saying! I always thought You can stop time if you live in the present, you can really really enjoy every moment. But now I realised that, despite putting all my focus into staying in the moment, this year has flown by.
I will use a few moments today to reflect on how much good has happened to me this past year. I will reflect on all the things that I have learned this year, physically and emotionally.

I also took some time to think about what I want to wish myself for next year and I ended up with one word. 

Honesty. 

It might sound cliché and cheesy but I really believe that honesty is a key ingredient in being happy.

Being honest with yourself and the people around you will keep you away from lies, awkwardness and desperation. It will bring you closer to other humans (and cats) closer to getting to know yourself and closer to happiness. I know it can be so much easier to say a little lie than to tell the truth and maybe hurt somebody or put the other person in an awkward position... but in the end, I just want to know how you feel and not how you think that I think how you want to make me feel.  mhm hope you can follow me :D
I am an adult and am confident that I can handle your truth. It may hurt me, it may frustrate or even piss me off but in the end, nothing is better than knowing the truth (heck, it might even make me happy).
This year, I wish to be honest to myself and my fellow peeples!

So, in all honesty, from me to you, thank you for reading this blog and I really do hope you like it and that I can inspire you every so often...

I wish you a very healthy, happy, adventurous and honest 2014 from crazy-war-zone-like Berlin!

After all the holiday fun, here is something quick, light and yummy to get back on the healthy train (but you never got off of it right ;)


Nutrients! Health! Yummy!

- One chinese Cabbage
- 2-3 carrots- sliced
- Large Broccoli chopped into smaller broccolinis  
- tsp coconut oil
- Brown Rice 

Dressing:
1 medium sized Garlic clove- minced
thumb size knob of fresh ginger- minced (or a bit less, I tend to use more)
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp tamari sauce
1 tsp maple syrup 
squeeze of  1/2 lemon
handful of sesame seeds (optional)
pepper to taste (you can also add some cayenne pepper for spiciness)

1.Prepare the rice as said on package.
2. Boil the carrots in a small pot with water and add the broccoli after a few minutes (take off stove when they are al-dente) 
3. Chop the chinese cabbage and fry in a bit of coconut oil until its nice and soft. (about 5 minutes)
4. Add the carrots and broccoli to the chinese cabbage, mix well 
5. Add the dressing ingredients to a little jar, shut with lid and shake well.
6. Add the dressing to the veggies, mix well
7. Optional- add toasted cashews!
Serve on rice.

Guten Appetit!



No comments:

Post a Comment

hit me with your best shot! fire aaawaaaaaay: