Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Home.

We made it back to Germany, safe and sound, with a few hiccups on the way. I will not bore you with all the details of this kick-ass trip but let me tell you one thing: it was nice. Really nice. And Sweden is nice. Reaaaaally nice. If it didn't get so cold in the winter I would seriously consider moving there for a few years.

But, I can't not say anything about this trip, so here it is in short...

Phase 1. Started off with serious excitement and ready to take on this new adventure, exploring the new towns, feeling the holiday mode kick in, relaaaaaxing. 

Phase 2. Flash forward about a month into the trip. I was getting a bit sad, grumpy and missed my home (the cold 11 degrees didn't make anything better) and I wasn't sure if three months on a boat was really going to be what I envisioned it to be. This seemed already way too normal to be a 'trip' (is this going to last forever?).

Phase 3. Oh my gawwwd what a nice trip this has been, I wish it would never end, I need to soak up the last week of being on a sweet old boat.

Phase 4. An APARTMENT with our very own BATHROOM and a KITCHEN with an OVEN. Where has this been all my life

This was a really nice trip with life long memories made and the perfect ending to our european five year adventure. 

(Phase 5) Asia, we are ready for you!

As a welcome home treat to myself I made chocolate Granola! with an OVEN! You've got to try it.





Delicious Choco Granola!

3 Cups Rolled Oats
1 Cup Buckwheat
1 Cup Hazelnuts (I used Walnuts and Almonds)
1/4 Cup Chia Seeds
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar 
1/3 Cup Honey/ Maple Syrup
1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder 




Directions: 
-Preheat oven to 175 degrees C
-In a large bowl combine oats, buckwheat, chia seeds, sugar, roughly chopped nuts
-In a small saucepan over low-medium heat, melt coconut oil. Add honey/maple syrup, salt and cocoa powder. Whisk until smooth.
-Pour liquid ingredients over dry and mix it well.
-Spread mixture evenly on a baking sheet, firmly press down with the back of a spatula to ensure that the mixture is compact. 

Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven, flip granola and put it back for roughly 10 minutes stirring every so often.
It should smell fragrant and the nuts should taste nutty and roasted.


Guten Appetit!



No comments:

Post a Comment

hit me with your best shot! fire aaawaaaaaay: